Commercial Metal Roofing Services in Dallas
Commercial metal roofing may be the perfect choice for your building; it can improve energy efficiency, last for decades, and offer a number of other benefits. Metal roofs are growing in popularity due to their many advantages – chief among them being their ability to withstand severe weather conditions. If you’re considering a new roof for your commercial building, metal may be the right choice for you.
Fast Facts About Metal Roofs
Check out these fast facts about metal roofs for commercial buildings:
- Metal roofs can last 60 years or more with the right care
- They’re energy-efficient, reflecting heat and UV rays, and can reduce your cooling costs by up to 25 percent
- Metal roofs are recyclable
- They’re fire-resistant
- Metal roofs can withstand wind gusts of up to 140 miles per hour
- They won’t corrode or crack due to the weather
Types of Metal Roofs That Are Great for Commercial Buildings
There are several types of metal roofs that may be good options for your commercial building. The best way to find out which type of roof is right for your building is to consult with the experts at New View Roofing; our team can evaluate your property and make suggestions based on your building’s shape, style and purpose, as well as your budget.
Here’s a quick run-down of the most common metal roof types for commercial buildings:
- Standing seam metal roof systems
- Metal shakes
- Metal tiles
- Corrugated metal roofing
- Zinc roofing
- Aluminum roofs
- Copper roofs
- Galvanized steel roofs
The following sections explore each type in more detail.
Standing Seam Metal Roof Systems
A standing seam metal roof system is made up of panels that run vertically from the ridge of the roof to the eave. The panels are fastened together with concealed clips or fasteners, and each panel overlaps the one below it, creating a watertight seal.
Standing seam metal roofs are very durable and can last for decades with the proper care. They’re also low-maintenance, and because the fasteners are concealed, they have a clean, sleek look.
If you want the look of wood shakes without the maintenance or fire hazard, metal shakes are a great option. Metal shakes are made from interlocking panels of steel or aluminum, and they’re designed to look like real wood shakes.
They’re also very durable, and they can last for decades with the right care. Metal shakes are also low-maintenance and easy to clean.
Metal tiles are another type of metal roofing that can give your commercial building an elegant, timeless look. Metal tiles are usually made from copper, zinc, or aluminum, and they’re available in a variety of colors. Like metal shakes, metal tiles are also very durable and easy to maintain.
Corrugated Metal Roofing
Corrugated metal roofing is made from panels that have been formed into ridges and valleys. The ridges run horizontally, and the valleys run vertically. Corrugated metal roofing is very strong and can withstand high winds and heavy snowfall. It’s also very easy to install, which may help you save on labor costs.
Zinc roofing is made from panels of zinc that have been formed into ridges. Though it’s a bit costlier than many other metal roof types, it’s long-lasting and durable. Some zinc roofs last longer than a century with the proper care and maintenance. (And maintenance is minimal.) Zinc is fire-resistant and prevents mold growth, fungal growth and mildew.
If you’re looking for a roof that’s both durable and lightweight, aluminum may be the right choice. Aluminum roofs are made from panels of aluminum that have been formed into ridges. It’s a very strong metal, and it’s resistant to corrosion. It’s also fire-resistant and reflects heat and UV rays, which can help keep your building cooler in the summer.
Like zinc, copper is a bit more expensive than some other metal roof types. But it’s also very long-lasting; a well-cared-for copper roof may last for a century or more. Copper is also fire-resistant and prevents mildew growth, and it’s resistant to many types of damage that pests can cause. In addition to its beauty, it’s strong in the face of hailstorms, and it’s lightweight so it won’t put much stress on your building’s structure.
Galvanized Steel Roofs
If you’re looking for a metal roof that’s both durable and affordable, galvanized steel is a good option. Galvanized steel roofs are made from panels of steel that have been coated with zinc. The zinc protects the steel from corrosion and rust, and it gives the roof a shiny, polished look. Galvanized steel roofs are very strong and can last for decades with the proper care.
Don't Wait Until Damage Gets Worse.
The 7 Big Advantages of Putting a Metal Roof on a Commercial Building
Check out these seven huge advantages of putting a metal roof on your commercial building:
- Metal is fire-resistant. That means it’s among the most fire-resistant materials you could possibly choose, and it’ll keep you in compliance with local, state and federal fire codes.
- Metal is low-maintenance. It doesn’t require the regular cleaning and upkeep that other roofing materials, like asphalt shingles, do. In fact, once a metal roof is installed, you may never have to worry about it again.
- Metal roofs are energy efficient. They reflect heat and UV rays, which can help keep your building cooler in the summer and reduce your energy costs. In the winter, they can help prevent heat from escaping, which can also save you money on your energy bills.
- Metal roofs look great. Metal roofs are available in a variety of colors and styles, so you can choose the look that best fits your commercial building.
- Metal roofs are weather-resistant. They’re resistant to high winds, heavy snowfall and hail. And they won’t crack, warp or break in extreme temperatures.
- Metal roofs are durable and incredibly strong. They won’t succumb to rot, mold or pests.
- Metal roofs last a long time. A well-cared-for metal roof may last for a century or more. That means you could potentially never have to replace it.
There are many advantages to putting a metal roof on your commercial building. Metal roofs are durable, energy efficient, low-maintenance and weather-resistant. They also look great and can last a long time with the proper care. If you’re looking for a roofing material that will give you all of these benefits and more, metal is the right choice.
Are Metal Roofs More Expensive Than Other Commercial Roof Types?
While metal roofs may (but don’t always) have a higher upfront cost than other roofing materials, they offer a number of advantages that can save you money in the long run. Metal roofs are low-maintenance and energy-efficient, and they can last for decades with the proper care. That means you won’t have to replace your roof as often, and you’ll save money on energy costs over time. In the end, a metal roof is a wise investment that will pay for itself many times over.
Do You Need to Talk to an Expert About Commercial Metal Roofing?
If you’re thinking about putting a metal roof on your commercial building, New View Roofing can help. Call us today to schedule a consultation with an experienced roofing professional who can answer your questions and give you the guidance you need.
Free Roof Inspection
If you’re thinking about installing a EPDM roof on your commercial or industrial building, we’ll be happy to answer your questions and help you make the right decision.